PHPDetroit Speaker Information
We're committed to bringing together some of the best speakers from all around the world to share their knowledge with you here. We provide a travel and accommodation package to all selected speakers to help make this possible.
About the event
Speakers will be provided with a projector and a screen for their presentation (size depends on the room). Speakers should bring any equipment they need to connect to projectors (VGA). It is also suggested that you reduce your dependency on the in-house internet connection as possible.
When the Call for Papers closes, the organizers will sort through the submissions, making their selections. Speakers will be notified as soon as the selection process has been completed.
This year's package
Our speaker package for this year's event includes:
- Full conference pass
- For speakers remote to the Area:
- Complimentary airfare/travel (Limited to Budget)
- 2 complimentary hotel nights
- Lunch, receptions and activities included in regular conference
- Speaker dinner on Thursday night
- A gift from one of our sponsors
- If you're doing a tutorial, you will also receive:
- An additional complementary hotel night
- 50% payback on the income generated from tutorial passes
International speakers are encouraged to submit their ideas, but because of budget restrictions, we can only accept a limited number of speakers from outside the country.
Tips for Submission
We strongly encourage potential speakers to submit more than one submission on more than one topic. The more submissions you contribute, the more options you give us to pick you. Be sure your talk title and abstract define the exact topic you want to talk about and what you hope people will learn from the session. In previous years, some submissions sounded interesting but we just didn't have enough detail for them to make the final cut.